The Ford Raptor is arguably one of the most popular off road vehicles to ever be released. The truck combines the rugged handling of a pick-up, with a suspension system that could easily be placed in a racecar, and it all comes in one stylish package. Now, the ever-popular Ford 150 Raptor is about to get a whole lot better!
Shelby American has now teamed up with Ford to create an all new Ford Shelby Raptor, which is called the Shelby Baja 700. Here are some of the key features of the truck:
- Custom exterior details. Shelby has redesigned the Ford Raptor with a number of new touches, including black headlights that disappear into the front end of the vehicle and perfectly complement the brickwork style grille. Shelby 700 badging appears on the tailgate, fender vent, and on stripes along the sides.
- Custom interior details. The inside of the Shelby Baja 700 is as unique as the outside, with Katzkin custom interior two-tone leather seat covers, and a Shelby three-gauge dash pod. The dashboard of each vehicle is numbered to guarantee the authenticity of the Ford Shelby truck.
- Supercharger. The Shelby Baja 700 features a 700+ horsepower supercharger with a throttle body, injectors and a heat exchanger on its 6.2-Liter V8 engine. The supercharger added so much extra power that Shelby had to commission Rogue Racing to develop a competition grade suspension system just for the vehicle.
- All Terrain Wheels. No terrain will be too tough for the Shelby Baja 700 to handle. The vehicle comes outfitted with BF Goodrich KO2 35x12.5x18-inch rubber tires on 18x9 Fuel wheels, making the custom vehicle a dream for avid off roaders.
- Optional off road lights and more. For those who want to go beyond the Ford F150 lights installed in the basic version of the Shelby Baja 700, there is an optional lighting package available for purchase. Those who pay for the upgrades can receive a Rogue 40" radius LED light bar, a Rogue 3" and Rogue cube LED flush mount lights for the bumper. These off road lights can greatly enhance visibility when night driving on the trail. In addition, buyers can choose to purchase AMP Research side steps that provide easy access to the vehicle and then retract once you're in or out of the cab.
All in all, the Shelby Baja 700 is the ultimate dream vehicle for Ford Raptor fans. It's guaranteed to get noticed on the street, but it will perform even better than the classic Ford Raptor 150 when on the trail. The truck will be available for a starting price of $45,000. You can find out more on the Shelby Baja 700 here.