Here are the ten best ways that you can conserve fuel and get the most mileage from your car or truck.
- Fill up the Tank - Studies show that less fuel evaporates in the tank when it is full. This means that more fuel stays in your gas tank and is available for the engine.
- Stop Idling - If you have to idle your vehicle for more than a minute, you’re wasting gas! If you know that you are going to be idling the vehicle for an extended time, shut it off and turn it back on when you’re ready to go.
- Keep the Tires Fully Inflated - By keeping your tires fully inflated, you can improve your fuel efficiency by up to 3% compared to under-inflated tires.
- Apps for Lower Fuel Prices - There are apps you can download which will indicate the cheapest prices for fuel in your community.
- Buy Fuel at the Right Time - If you’ve installed an aftermarket fuel tank in your pickup truck, you can purchase extra fuel when prices dip downward. This way, you can save money when the prices spike up again.
- Be Watchful of Stops - When possible, avoid coming to a full stop at an intersection. Instead, slow down before the intersection, and when the light turns green, coast through without stepping on the gas.
- Close Your Windows - You can increase your fuel efficiency by up to 10% on the highway by keeping your windows closed and running the fan instead. Don’t turn on the air conditioner because that will drag on your engine.
- Turn Off the Air Conditioner - Turning on the air conditioner will make the engine work harder and waste more fuel. Only use the air conditioner when needed.
- Keep to the Blue Line - Use your GPS to find your way around town and avoid heavy traffic.
- Change the Oil Frequently - Be sure to change out the oil in the engine, at the times recommended by your vehicle’s manufacturer. By keeping the oil fresh, it will reduce any potential friction that could cause the engine to work harder and use more fuel than necessary. To read more about fuel economy in automobiles, click here.
ShopPMLIT Auto Lighting Parts & Accessories
As one of the leading companies in the aftermarket auto lighting field, ShopPMLIT offers a wide range of individual bulbs and lighting systems for your car or truck. Thanks to our extensive catalog, we offer everything from head-lamps, to headlights, and taillights for your vehicle. From individual auto lamps to systems such as CCFL, LED and Plasma – ShopPMLIT has it all!
We also have popular aftermarket auto lighting parts such as projector headlights, angel-eyes or halo ring lights for daytime driving. Additionally, we offer custom modifications for the automotive lighting system on your vehicle, including custom headlights. If you’re in need of aftermarket lighting auto parts and car accessories, we encourage you to check out ShopPMLIT!