The Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG was released in 2013, and despite its lofty price tag, the vehicle managed to sell out completely in 2015. Mercedes opted to discontinue the model, wanting to retain the exclusivity of the vehicle. Now, the German automaker has brought it back with the help of Mansory. Called the Mansory G-Class Sahara Edition Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG, their collaboration boasts a camouflage paint job and a number of impressive features. Here are five key facts that you need to know about:
1. It has a carbon fiber body. Mansory's carbon fiber body work is legendary, so it's no surprise that the Sahara Edition is constructed out of the ultra-durable material. The body is produced in Mansory's own factory on a specially designed autoclave, and it makes the Sahara Edition G63 tougher, yet lighter than the original. even though it's 3 inches wider.
2. It has an ultra powerful engine. It's hard to believe you could make the G63 AMG perform any better, but Mansory has. The AMG twin turbo, 8 cylinder engine has been upgraded with pistons, end bearings, and other performance parts of true racing grade. The modifications increased the torque to 1.000 Nm, and took the horsepower rating from 663 to an incredible 828.
3. It has off road lights and completely custom headlights. The Mansory G-Class Sahara Edition Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG has all LED lighting that starts off with round LED headlights that bring to mind classic auto designs. There are a total of nine indicator lights under the LED headlights as a stylish accent, and there are four bright white roof-mounted lights to provide maximum visibility when off roading.
4. It has a lavish interior. The seat covers on the Mansory G-Class Sahara Edition Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG are fashioned out of premium leather, and feature the Mansory eagle emblem embroidered on their surfaces. The door panels and glove box are emblazoned with the eagle, too. A camouflage print console in the center echoes the custom finish on the Sahara Edition's exterior.
5. It features custom wheels. Mansory lets buyers customize their Mansory G-Class Sahara Edition Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG with a choice of 21 to 23-inch wheels that are custom made for the vehicle. The vehicle was designed to function best with 22-inch wheels and 305/35/22 tires.
If you have an extra $850,000, the Mansory G-Class Sahara Edition Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG could be yours to own. That's the vehicle price tag that was announced when it debuted at the 2015 Geneva International Motor Show. Even though most of us will never sit in the driver's seat of one, you have to love every inch of this rugged vehicle, from its roof-mounted car lights to its low profile tires.